Golden Sands is one of the biggest seaside resorts and the biggest on the northern coast of Bulgaria. It is located close to the city of Varna and has easy access to Varna International Airport and major motorways.
The name Golden Sands comes from an old legend, that tells of pirates who dug a huge gold treasure in the ground along the coast, north of Varna. Then the land took revenge on the bandits and transformed the gold into wonderful sand!
Distance from airports:
- Golden Sands – Bourgas International Airport – 150km – 140min
- Golden Sands – Varna International Airport – 25km – 30min
Top 3 attractions in Golden Sands:
- Attraction Waterpark “Aquapolis” is the first one in Bulgaria, established in a unique Mauritian – Mediterranean style. It is situated in the forest, with a unique sea-view and a view of the whole resort.
- Harry’s Diving Center provides a modern equipment and yachts for underwater adventures!
- Natural Park Golden Sands: It was created in 1943 and covers an area of 1320 ha. The forests of the park go along the sea coast, surround the Golden Sands resort and reach the city of Varna.
Top 3 Best Hotels in Golden Sands:
- Griffid Hotels Club Hotel Bolero, 4 stars – takes the first place in TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice for 2015, among all 103 hotels in Golden Sands!
- International Hotel Casino & Tower Suit, 5 stars- a fully renovated complex with a perfect location in the center of the resort, offering casino, shops, bars, nightclub and SPA center- all you need for a perfect summer vacation!
- Holiday Club Riviera – is a vacation complex, that offers 5 hotels with their own beach, 10 restaurants, beautiful green parks, conference center.
Top 3 places to eat in Golden Sands:
- Chiflika is a traditional Bulgarian restaurant with folklore program and national cuisine.
- Golden Dreams Boat attracts all tourists in Golden Sands with its boat- exterior and international cuisine.
- Old Lighthouse is very popular beach restaurant with international and traditional cuisine.
Golden Sands resort is located in the North- East, near Varna- the Bulgarian Black-sea capital! The nearest airport is Varna International Airport- only 25 km, and it provides easy access to the resort.
Learn More about Golden Sands in our Blog!
Directions to the nearest cities:
For last minute bookings (less than 24 hours prior to pick-up) please contact us, and we will confirm your booking!
Book online your transfer to any hotel in Golden Sands resort:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation
- No Hidden Charges
- Comfortable & Safe Journey