Kavarna is a small town located on the northern Bulgarian coastline. Kavarna is also considered a resort town since it has several good beaches, yacht port and several good hotels. In the last few years Kavarna has become a center of rock gatherings and concerts bringing additional tourists in the area. Today Kavarna is known as The Rock Capital of Bulgaria and every summer the town gathers world famous rock musicians on one stage.
Distance to the airports:
- Kavarna – Bourgas International Airport – 195km – 180min
- Kavarna – Varna International Airport – 65km – 60min
Top 3 attractions in Kavarna:
- Cape Kaliakra and the architectural reserve on its territory are located 12 km southeast of Kavarna. The Cape is the most eastern point of the Bulgarian Black Sea coast and juts out about 2 km into the sea. The rich history, the well-preserved landscape, and the beautiful panoramic views make Cape Kaliakra one of the most attractive tourist spots on the Black Sea Coast. The name Kaliakra means “beautiful cape” and sometimes there can be seen dolphins.
- The History museum of Kavarna contains finds dating from the 5th – 6th century BC to 1940. Finds of the Thracian tribes that populated the region are exhibited, as well as ones demonstrating the way of life of the Slavs and the Proto-Bulgarians. “Dobrudzha and the Sea Exhibition”, which tells the maritime history of the region, can be seen there as well. Stone anchors, coins and a Thracian gold treasure found on the shores of Dobrudzha are displayed.
- Kavarna Rock Fest has a long festival history. It takes place every year and amongst the participants can be found some of the most famous names from the rock and metal world. This year the guests of Kavarna can visit it from 01.07. till 03.07.!
Top 3 best places to stay in Kavarna:
- Thracian Cliffs Golf Resort & Spa 5 stars- a newly-built resort with a direct access to the beach. It offers deluxe accommodation adjacent to an 18-hole golf course. It features an extensive spa and an outdoor infinity pool. The hotel takes the first place in TripAdvisor’s traveler choice ranking for 2015.
- Royal Cove Residence 3 stars- is located only 250 metres from the beach. It offers an outdoor pool, a restaurant and a fitness centre.
- Otdih Hotel & Spa 4 stars is in a central location in a lush park, one mile from the beach, offering eating venues and relaxing spa treatments.
Top 3 restaurants in Kavarna:
- Bulgarka Restaurant – is located on the first line on the beach. It has 60 seats and a summer garden with 120 seats.
- Dalboka Mussels Farm – is located on the seaside near Kavarna. There guests can try unique dishes from Black Sea fish and shellfish, mussels etc.
- Castello Di Kaliakra – located on the way to Kaliakra Cape with a fabulous view. The restaurant is offering Bulgarian and Italian food and wine.
Kavarna is located in the northern part of the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
- Kavarna – Kaliakra Cape: 16 km
- Kavarna – Balchik: 18 km
- Kavarna – Varna City: 60 km
- Kavarna – Dobrich city: 49 km
For last minute bookings (less than 24 hours prior to pick-up) please call us, and we will confirm your booking.
Book online your airport transfer from Varna Airport or Burgas Airport to any hotel in Kavarna:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation
- No Hidden Charges
- Comfortable & Safe Journey