Ahtopol is a seaside resort, located in southeastern Bulgaria, it is the southernmost city on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. The beach is 2 km long. The city has a rich ancient and medieval history. Many anchors have been found in the city’s aqueducts that attest to the seafaring activities of the peninsula’s residents over various historical periods. There are also Thracian artifacts from the Bronze Age.
DISTANCES TO THE AIRPORTS:
Ahtopol is a small seaside city with beautiful beach, pleasant restaurants, and comfortable hotels. Ahtopol is far from a huge seaside resort, and that is one of the things that make it attractive to tourists who prefer some peace and quiet.
TOP 3 ATTRACTIONS IN THE AREA:
- Camping Dolphin & Dolphin Beach located in a small bay on the southern coast between Varvara and Ahtopol. There is parking space for lawn near the beach and can be reached by a steep narrow path. The beach is unguarded and is popular with nudists.
- Natural reserve Veleka is located 5 km south of Ahtopol in Strandja Mountain. Veleka beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Bulgaria. It is in Sinemorets, at the mouth of the river Veleka. You can bathe both at the sea and in the colder waters of the river. Boat trip on Veleka River is another attraction there.
- History Museum of the Anchor. In the museum you can see the anchors, ship cannons, mortars, coins, ceramics, bells found in the wreckage of Turkish, Greek, French, Russian, Byzantine and Roman ships and any other ship equipment, old maps, old photographs etc.
TOP 3 HOTELS IN AHTOPOL:
- Agata Beach Boutique Hotel 3 stars. This seafront hotel offers a multi-level terrace with 2 jacuzzis and a panoramic view of the Bay of Ahtopol. The restaurant offers French cuisine, and the Sky Bar serves a rich selection of cocktails.
- The Colourful Mansion Hotel – 2 stars with individually decorated rooms and exterior in different colors. It offers free Wi-Fi, a bar and air conditioning in the rooms. 5- minute walk from the beach in Ahtopol.
- Eskada Beach Hotel is located on the main promenade of Ahtopol, only a few meters away from the wonderful beach. The comfortable and cozy rooms are stylishly furnished. The restaurant serves traditional Bulgarian cuisine as well international delicious specialties.
TOP 3 RESTAURANTS IN AHTOPOL:
- Restaurant Four Captains offers amazing Black Sea mussels, fresh fish and bulgarian national cuisine.
- Restaurant “Saint George” – bulgarian cuisine in elegant surroundings, away from everyday life.
- Bistro Ahtopol offers fine cuisine with the best service and friendly atmosphere! The restaurant has 50 seats and offers dishes from the Bulgarian national cuisine.
Ahtopol is located 90 km south of Burgas and 14 km southeast of Tsarevo. This southern seaside town is set on a small rocky peninsula that is 500 meters long and 300 meters wide.
- Burgas – Ahtopol: 88 km
- Sinemorets – Ahtopol: 5 km
- Sozopol – Ahtopol: 50 km
Book online here your transfer from any airport in Bulgaria to any hotel in Ahtopol:
WHY CHOOSE BULGARIATRANSFERS?
- Instant Confirmation
- No Hidden Charges
- Comfortable & Safe Journey