Sunny Beach Resort is the biggest summer resort in Bulgaria boasting around 800 hotels with more than 320 000 beds. The resort is a great place for people seeking to combine heavy nightlife with a summer holiday. It is situated in a bay bordering the Balkan Mountains and the ancient city of Nessebar. It offers numerous sport and entertainment opportunities, a huge range of restaurants and shops, wide and golden beach strip. The complex hosts the international music festival Golden Orpheus. Beware that the resort is probably not the best option for a quiet holiday.
Distances to Airports:
Sunny Beach – Bourgas International Airport – 36 km – 35 min
Sunny Beach – Varna International Airport – 100 km – 90 min
The nearest airport to Sunny Beach is Burgas, that means transportation to any hotel will be about 30 - 40 minutes, the rates for bus, taxi or airport transfer are reasonable and you have a lot of options. Read in our blog the best ways to get to Sunny Beach:
Top 3 Attractions in Sunny Beach:
- Nessebar Old Town – an ancient town with cobbled streets and wooden houses, a lot of ancient churches, plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants with sea views. There is a regular bus service from Sunny Beach to Nessebar.
- Action Aquapark – lots of fun both for kids and adults, 25+ waterslides for all ages, good pool area for younger children, you are advised to book online in advance in order to get a better price.
- Karting Track – fast karts but speed can be restricted, seat boosters are offered, reasonable prices.
Learn more about the most popular attractions in Sunny Beach in our blog:
Top 3 Best Places to Stay in Sunny Beach:
- Barcelo Royal Beach Hotel – 5-star hotel with 294 rooms, all-inclusive option is available, nice a-la-cart restaurant, good rooms and pool, good spa centre offering a variety of treatments, affordable prices.
- DIT Majestic Beach Resort – 4-star hotel with 734 rooms, a wide selection of food, friendly and helpful service, rooms have good views, located 20 min walk from the centre of Sunny Beach and right on the beach. It takes the first places in TripAdvisors website:
- Dune Hotel – 4-star hotel with 70 rooms, good room views, the hotel has a private beach which is a great advantage in Sunny Beach where at times beaches can get overcrowded, the hotel also has a beautiful garden and pool.
Top 3 Best Restaurants in Sunny Beach:
- Khan’s Tent – fantastic entertainment and good food, the place has its own show programme with acrobatic stuff and dancers, the view is fantastic and the tent is very well lit up. the restaurant has also a very high rating in TripAdvisor:
- Hawaii Restaurant and Bar – excellent food and good value for money, sea views and buy one get one free offer, maybe not very suitable for young children though.
- Bolero Bar and Pizza Restaurant – good seafood dishes, big portions and large selection, first-class service and you are made to feel at home, reasonably priced and stylish.
Sunny Beach is located in the southern part of the Bulgarian coast, close to the old town of Nessebar which is included in the list of UNESCO inheritance sites, the village of Sveti Vlas and Bourgas. It is also very close to Bourgas International Airport and there is a regular bus service to the centre of Bourgas.
Sunny Beach - Varna – 100 km
Sunny Beach - Bourgas – 26 km
Book online your airport transfer to any hotel in Sunny Beach:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation;
- No Hidden Charges;
- Comfortable & Safe Journey.