Velingrad is the most famous Bulgarian SPA resort. It is located in the heart of the Rhodope Mountains and presents a good opportunity to enjoy mountain climate and combine it with SPA and rehabilitation treatments. Numerous clear mountain streams end up in the Chepino River and there are plenty of karst springs in the area, the most famous of which is Kleptuza. Mild climate, beautiful scenery, lots of sanatoriums, clinics and spa hotels and centres.
Distances to Airports:
- Velingrad resort – Sofia International Airport – 130km – 110min
- Velingrad resort – Plovdiv International Airport– 90km – 90min
Top 3 Attractions in Velingrad:
- Equestrian Centre Sivek – horseback riding centre, Velingrad to Youndula riding trips are available as well as other routes and trips, very helpful staff and guides, people of all levels are accepted.
- LepenitsaCave – the cave is near the village of Rakitovo, the trip to the cave includes a long hike on a gravel path, you would need a guide to get there and they should supply you with boots and headlight.
- Septemvri – Dobrinishte Narrow Gauge Railway – great experience for rail fans, the best of the scenery is in the section around Velingrad, could be compared to a magical journey in rocky mountains and along a river.
Top 3 Best Places to Stay in Velingrad:
- Hotel Velina – 3 star hotel with 62 rooms, located in the outskirts and surrounded by nature, pine forest views and most rooms have balconies, excellent pools and spa facilities, close to Kleptuza lake.
- Grand Hotel Velingrad – 4 star hotel with 82 rooms, internal and external pools, good for children and kids pool is available, good massage treatments, you can see the whole of Velingrad from the hotel.
- Royal Spa Hotel – 4 star spa hotel with 125 rooms, good spa, salt sauna and roman bath, good quality and affordable prices, luxurious and stylish interior design, good level of service and restaurant.
Top 3 Best Restaurants in Velingrad:
- Tom & Nezi – European and Bulgarian cuisine, good attention to detail, beautiful garden and very suitable for children, reasonable prices, evening musical programme.
- Tavern Omar – located in hotel Rich, traditional pub-like interior and a good outdoor area, huge variety of dishes and big food portions, they accept credit cards, which is an advantage in the area.
- Rodopsko Selo – large restaurant with reasonable prices, rare Rhodope foods are offered here, traditional and stylish Bulgarian interior, good wine list, very popular in the area so it does get crowded at times which might affect the service time.
Velingrad is located in the western part of the Rhodope mountains, the nearest big city is Pazardzhik and Plovdiv is a bit further away. The town is separated into three settlements Kamenitsa, Ladzhene and Chepino. There are quite a lot of natural landmarks in the region of Velingrad and a lot of interesting history behind them.
- Velingrad - Pazardzhik – 46 km
- Velingrad - Plovdiv – 82 km
- Velingrad - Sofia – 135 km
Book online your transfer to any hotel in Velingrad:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation
- No Hidden Charges
- Comfortable & Safe Journey