Borovets is a winter SKI resort located in the Rila Mountain. This is the oldest winter resort in Bulgaria and offers a good balance between infrastructure and natural resources. In general the resort is oriented towards winter tourism, but plenty of people use it as a summer retreat from the heat.
Dictance from airports:
- Borovets resort – Sofia International Airport – 70km – 90min
- Borovets resort – Plovdiv International Airport– 130km – 120min
Top 3 attractions in Borovets:
- Snow Park “Borosport”- the Slope Style trail has 300 meters length and includes Straight-down Rail, big pipe, small jump- drop down, wall ride, small rainbow box and dance- floor box.
- Rila Monastery is situated in the Rila Mountain at 1,147 metres above the sea level. This is the biggest monastery complex in Bulgaria and the most attractive with its beautiful nature, architecture, wall paintings and ancient history.
- The Seven Rila Lakes - an attractive spot for keen mountaineers and tourists of all kind. The lakes have glacial origin and each of them is named according to its shape.
Best hotels in Borovets:
- “Borovets Hills Ski & Spa” Hotel, 5 stars, situated 100 metres from “Yastrebets 3″ ski run. The hotel is located in the higher and quieter part of Borovets in a pine forest.
- “Yastrebets Wellness & Spa”, 4 stars, located directly at the Yastrebets ski slope and features a gourmet restaurant and a piano bar. The hotel has very good ranking on the TripAdvisor website.
- Hotel “Rila”, 4 stars, is located at the end of the ski runs and only 200 m from the gondola lift.
Top 3 best restaurants in Borovets:
- “Bobby’s Bar” is a family restaurant, located opposite the Rila slopes in Borovets ski resort. It offers Bulgarian, Italian, and Mexican cuisine.
- The Crown Pizza & Restaurant is the best Italian restaurant in the resort. Situated next to the drag lift on the ski slope. It offers magnificent view towards the beautiful Rila Mountain and the baby drag lift.
- “The Golden Horn” is the best steak house in Borovets. The restaurant offers both delicious meals and refreshing drinks.
Borovets resort is situated on the northern slopes of the Mousala ridge in the eastern part of the Rila Mountain, 72 km from the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
- Borovets – Samokov: 10 km.
- Borovets – Bansko: 140 km.
- Borovets – Velingrad: 88 km.
Book your transfer from the airport to any hotel in Borovets: fast & safe, with instant confirmation:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation
- No Hidden Charges
- Comfortable & Safe Journey