Sozopol is one of the oldest towns in Bulgaria and at the Bulgarian coastline. It is a picturesque place combining rich historical sightseeing spots and beautiful coastline with numerous small bays and beaches. Please bear in mind that the place is fairly busy almost the whole summer and at certain times is not really a relaxing place for a holiday.
Distances to the Airports:
Sozopol – Bourgas International Airport (BOJ)– 45 km – 40min
Sozopol – Varna International Airport (VAR) – 170 km – 2h 30 min
If you are worrying how long is the transfer to Sozopol, we suggest you to choose Burgas airport for your landing point. It is the closest airport and the transportation is faster and cheaper.
Top 3 Attractions in Sozopol, Bulgaria:
- Sozopol Old Town – great cultural experience achieved by just wondering about the cobbled street. Small streets, authentic atmosphere, wooden houses, small churches, lots of restaurants. Book online excursion to Sozopol:
- Southern Walls of Sozopol – the history of the area is marvellous and a lot of funding has been devoted to rebuilding the area. The Southern Walls offer fantastic views and a great place for a walk.
- Ravadinovo Castle - Amazing gardens and architecture, spectacular craftsmanship, statutes, fountains, waterfalls. The church inside is sometimes used for weddings. More about the best places to visit in Sozopol - read in our blog:
Top 3 Best Places to Stay in Sozopol:
- Hotel More – 3 star family Hotel located 300 m from the seaside and very close to the Old Town, stylish exterior and modern furnishing. The hotel has two awards from Trip Advisor
- Santa Marina Holiday Village – includes 78 villas and a lot of green areas, gardens, parks and alleys, 5 swimming pools and 5 restaurants, 2km from the Old Town. It one of the most rated in Trip Advisor's website:
- Martinez Apart Hotel – 4 star Apart Hotel, close to the beach and 15 min walk from the Old Town, can be described as comfortable, picturesque and not expensive.
Top 3 Best Restaurants in Sozopol:
- Catch A mak by the Sea – offering a blend of international and traditional cuisine and a contemporary menu, good and prompt service, great list of Bulgarian and International wines. The place also offers live Jazz and Contemporary Music.
- Mehana Neptune – stylish décor and comfortable setting, amazing sea views and fresh Sea Food. Reasonable Prices.
- Onegin – located in the Onegin Apart Hotel 150 m from the beach, specializes in Eastern European Cuisine, reasonable prices, suitable for children.
Sozopol is located 35 km south of Burgas. The city is divided by the Sea Garden into an Old and New Town. In the bay of Sozopol are located two island – St. Ivan and St. Peter. Sozopol is one of the oldest Bulgarian cities and is known as a fishing and wine center. It is also famous with the Annual Arts Festival "Apollonia".
Sozopol - Burgas City – 45 km
Sozopol - Sunny Beach – 70 km
Book online your transfer to any hotel in Sozopol:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation;
- No Hidden Charges;
- Comfortable & Safe Journey.