Bansko is a resort town located in the Pirin Mountains. This is the biggest and best equipped winter resort in Bulgaria. It has been nominated several times for best SKI resort in Bulgaria and on the Balkan Peninsula. Bansko provides SPA services as well, turning the resort into a SPA destination as well.
Distance from airports:
- Bansko resort – Sofia International Airport – 170km – 180min
- Bansko resort – Plovdiv International Airport– 160km – 180min
There are multiple museums and landmarks in the town. 130 architectural and historical monuments of culture are registered, seven of which are of national significance.
Top 3 attractions in Bansko:
- The Museum House of Nikola Vaptsarov - an Art Center functions in it, where permanent and temporary exhibitions are organized, as well as scientific forums, meetings with cultural figures, etc.
- National Park Pirin – since 1983 the park had fallen under the protection of UNESCO
- Winter Fun Park- all kind of winter activities for snowboarders and skiers.
The places for accommodation in Bansko are more than diverse and there are options for every preference and budget – from luxurious 5-star complexes to guest houses and apartment hotels.
Top 3 best places to stay in Bansko:
- “Kempinski Hotel Grand Arena”, 5 stars- very high ranking in TripAdvisor Travelers Choice.
- “Premier Luxury Mountain Resort”, 5 stars, situated in Bansko at the foot of the Pirin Mountains, less than half a kilometer from the ski lift.
- “Astera Bansko Hotel & Spa”, 4 stars, is 200 m from the gondola lift in Bansko and has a fully equipped spa area and an après-ski bar.
Very typical for the area are the traditional taverns, in which dishes from the region of Bansko are served. Among the local specialties are: Kapama, Chomlek, Bansko Kebap, Sache, Banski Starets, etc.
Top 3 best places to eat in Bansko:
- “Soprano’s Ristorante” – One of the most popular places in the resort, where you can try Mediterranean cuisine, prepared using authentic recipes.
- “The Irish Harp Nice” selection of local and imported beers and great food.
- “Dedo Pene” tavern- offers authentic Bulgarian food, great value, fantastic atmosphere and good service.
One of the largest winter resorts of Bulgaria is situated 925 meters above the sea level at the foot of the Pirin Mountain – at a distance of 150 km from Sofia.
- Bansko – Razlog: 6 km
- Bansko – Dobrinishte: 8 km
- Bansko – Blagoevgrad: 96 km
For an accommodation reservation or fligh ticket options, please send us an email and you will receive the best offer from us!
Book online your airport – resort transfer to Bansko here:
Why choose BulgariaTransfers.co.uk:
- Instant Confirmation
- No Hidden Charges
- Comfortable & Safe Journey