Summer 2021: From May 1-st Bulgaria welcomes tourists with a vaccination certificate, negative PCR or antigen test, or a test proving past Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bulgaria!
As per a statement from the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Bulgaria is part of the tourism destinations with safety and hygiene travel stamps. Safe Travel stamp allows differentiating destinations with enhanced standards for safe travel. Bulgaria is following WHO (World Health Organization) and ECDC (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control) guidance on threat mitigation.
Travel and excursions are an important part of everyone's life. There is no reason to worry about choosing Bulgaria for your summer destination. Fresh air, pure nature, and relaxation on the beach are recommended to improve physical and mental health. In Bulgaria, we are happy and lucky to have at our disposal green mountains, clean rivers, flower fields, natural parks, and the sea in one place.
Current Covid-19 and travel situation in Bulgaria
Starting from May 2021, Bulgaria is welcoming foreign travelers. According to statements, made by the Bulgarian Minister of Health, tourists will be able to travel to Bulgaria according to the following requirements:
- vaccination certificate;
- negative PCR / antigen test;
- proof of recovery from COVID-19 infection.
There are no restrictions or prohibitions on travel between the cities in Bulgaria. Other reliefs from previously imposed restrictions issued due to the pandemic include:
From April 12, 2021 restaurants re-open using up to 50 % of their capacity and limited working hours - from 6 am to 11 pm. Cultural and entertainment events (cinemas, theatres, circus performances, cultural festivals, concerts, stage events, museums, galleries, libraries, dance, creative and music classes) are allowed to proceed, provided that no more than 30 % of the capacity of the premises is used, the physical distancing of at least 1.5 m is observed, and protective masks are worn.
From April 16, 2021 all shops in shopping centers may open. Casinos and gambling rooms may open, but with no more than 50 % of their capacity.
From April 29, 2021 discos, clubs and night bars may re-open, using no more than 50 % of their capacity.
Face masks: All persons should wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose in all indoor public spaces (including shops, malls, churches, museums, and all public transport vehicles), as well as open public spaces where there is a crowd of people and impossibility to maintain a physical distance of 1.5 m.
Social distancing: It is imperative to avoid crowding and to provide a distance of 1.5 m.
Travel safe with Bulgaria Transfers
The safety and comfort of our passengers have been always our first priority. We offer only private car transfers, no shared vehicles, no shuttles. You will travel only with your family or party. Individual travel and door - to door service is a better option, compared to public transportation. During this covid-19 crisis, we strictly observe all government requirements currently in force:
- All vehicles are disinfected regularly;
- Drivers and passengers must be with medical face mask;
More travel measures and recommendations:
- Less physical contact: when traveling, make the least contact on departure - buy tickets and register online whenever possible.
- Keep a distance: during security checks and when handing over and receiving luggage, keep a distance of 1.5 m from other passengers. In transport centers and in vehicles (buses, trains, planes) wear a mask and keep a distance.
- Disinfection: observe hygiene requirements and rules for safe coughing and sneezing, wear a mask or other protection for the nose and mouth, cleaning, and disinfection.
- Upon arrival at the hotel or restaurant, check out the Covid-19 guest information. Your body temperature may be checked at the accommodation place.
- Take the stairs instead of elevators.
- Visit outdoor restaurants and bars.
- Serving food in the room is an opportunity for additional protection of vulnerable guests.
- Take out travel insurance and make sure it covers covid-19.
As part of the EU, Bulgaria strictly complies with all requirements and recommendations and strives to provide reliable protection for travelers. Summer brings high temperatures and many outdoor activities. Take advantage of the beautiful nature and the hospitable sea!